CHEMICAL MILL OPERATOR
Shift: Weekday nights (Tues, Wed, Thurs & e/o Mon) , Weekday Days OR Weekend nights (Fri, Sat, Sun & e/o Mon) available.
- Prepare all materials and packaging for processing.
- Transport raw material to process station.
- Feed raw material into machinery.
- Adjust process conditions according to Q-doc 19 (Process Conditions Log) and operate mill accordingly.
- Record process data.
- Take and label finished material samples.
- Ensure proper fill and packaging of finished product, through weighing and observation.
- Palletize finished product and transport to designated storage area.
- Clean out mills as required.
- Prepare set-ups for next job.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Perform various other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment and forklift operating experience is preferred.
- Ability to understand written & verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations such as percentages, adding, subtracting, etc.,
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to lift 40 – 50 lbs. is required.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to enter confined spaces.
- Ability to bend and reach.
- Ability to climb onto and to operate forklift truck
- Ability to stand for up to 12 hours at a time (with ½ hour lunch and ¼ hour break)
- Ability to walk distances up to 30 yards at a time
- Ability to wear a half mask respirator for long periods of time
Equal Opportunity Employment:
CPS will not unlawfully discriminate based upon race, color, sex, national origin or ancestry, religion, age disability, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any prohibited basis. This commitment applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, discharge, and any term or condition of employment. All employment decisions will be made and all personnel policies construed in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. All unlawful discrimination is prohibited.