Are you passionate about troubleshooting and creating improvement processes to prevent hazards and injuries in the work place? Do you enjoy working with diverse teams to find the best solution and implement changes? Would you consider yourself an expert in the Health and Safety field regarding manufacturing, SDS’s, and promoting safety awareness? If you answered yes to the above and you’re ready for a hands on, challenging, and team oriented opportunity, you may be the candidate we’re looking for!
- Conducts safety audits and inspections to identify hazards and deficiencies that expose the company to loss or failure to comply with regulatory requirements
- Compile, analyze, and interpret data related to safety training and performance to measure the effectiveness of existing programs
- Develop and implement (including delivery of) educational training programs and activities that help develop and improve the safety process within the company and to ensure compliance with federal state and local regulations
- Ensure the business is legally compliant with all health and safety legislation
- Maintaining incident reports and OSHA logs
- Review of product SDS and approval of processing
- Issuance of recommended safety equipment listed in the Quality Control Specification sheet for all products handled and trial materials
- Safety training of employees for all required periodic trainings, with specific attention to:
- Lift Truck
- Man Lift/Scissor Lift
- Hazard Communication Program
- Respirator Use
- Assuring compliance to waste management policies, policing of chemical storage shed, and completion of inspections
- Communication with regulatory agencies
- Oversee industrial hygienist activity
- Provide assistance and expertise in accident/claim investigation and claims management, when required, and make recommendations to prevent reoccurrences
- Serve as an active participant on the safety committee teams
- Accountable for metrics
- Candidates should have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in related field. A degree or certificate in safety, or industrial hygiene is preferred
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a safety management role preferred· Minimum of 3 years in leading, coaching, mentoring a team
- Robust working knowledge of government health and safety rules and regulations
- Must be willing to work at any company plant locations
- Must be a U.S. citizen or able to work in the U.S. for reasons other than practical training
- Reading, Pennsylvania – corporate office and manufacturing campus
- Other company locations as required
At Custom Processing Services we care about our employees and their quality of life. It is important to have a work schedule that works well with your lifestyle, excellent healthcare to maintain a healthy lifestyle, significant time off to refresh your body and mind, and a solid pay/bonus and opportunity program to meet your financial and career expectations.
It is time to join the Custom Processing Services Family!
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental and vision all at reasonable costs
- Great vacation and holiday pay
- 401k with match
- Bonus Programs
- Continuing education
- Opportunity/Advancement program
- Additional company perks like summer picnics, our Christmas gathering, a turkey for Thanksgiving, paid time off for your birthday, and more!
Equal Opportunity Employment:
CPS will not unlawfully discriminate based upon race, color, sex, national origin or ancestry, religion, age disability, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any prohibited basis. This commitment applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, discharge, and any term or condition of employment. All employment decisions will be made and all personnel policies construed in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. All unlawful discrimination is prohibited.