Do you have a passion supervising and train employees, managing quality assurance programs, strategizing process improvements, and more? If so, you might be our missing link. The Manufacturing Operations Leader directs, oversees, optimizes, and provides strategic direction and leadership across all CPS manufacturing plants, in Reading, PA. The Operations Leader will manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established and set for the Production Teams. Ensure safe and efficient operations. Enhance the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting and looks for opportunities to expand systems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company's policies and applicable laws.Responsibilities may include interviewing, selection and hiring; training new and existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; authoring and discussing with employees performance appraisals; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and rewards.Requires a minimum of 3 years of experience in the manufacturing field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Responsible for the oversight of 3 manufacturing facilities and provides leadership to facility teams.
- Directs manufacturing activities to ensure maximum quality is delivered in full, on time to customers.
- Develops, maintains, and improves metrics monitoring performance and attainment of key goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with key business leaders to ensure reliable and timely supply of products to vendors.
- Partners with cross-functional partners to coordinate the manufacturing process for the introduction of new products, equipment, processes, and technology.
- Ensures robust Health and Safety environment as well as security procedures and training are in place, and that operations are following compliance as required by legislation and CPS Corporate Policy.
- Forges close relationships with members of the Senior Leadership Team and other key stakeholders, to ensure best practice are incorporated into the business.
- Supports cultural improvements and programs that are sustainable and employee engagement driven.
- Manages staff selection, performance and development, to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations.
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Preferred
- 5 years of progressive experience in Operations management and cross-functional experience
- Three (3) years as a Plant/Operations Manager in an ERP-system driven environment
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Ability to drive a manufacturing organization to high levels of performance and stability, as evidenced by a track record of consistent delivery and development of systems and processes to support customers and business needs
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective internal and external relationships across functional in pursuit of business goals
- Must be familiar with manufacturing operations and techniques
- Ability to influence outcomes, utilizing effective communication skills across functions and at senior levels
- Demonstrated ability to manage change across large teams and multiple facilities
- Excellent leadership skills, as evidenced by a track record of hiring, retaining, developing and motivating top-tier Operations talent
- Demonstrated ability to build strong teams and track record of personal engagement and relationship with colleagues, direct reports, employees, customers, and suppliers
- Implementation of strategy
- Driver of innovation and change
- Understanding ERP systems
- Courage of convictions – able to hold people to account
- Excellent problem-solving, written and verbal communication, and presentation/facilitation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Equal Opportunity Employment: CPS will not unlawfully discriminate based upon race, color, sex, national origin or ancestry, religion, age disability, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any prohibited basis. This commitment applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, discharge, and any term or condition of employment. All employment decisions will be made and all personnel policies construed in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. All unlawful discrimination is prohibited.